Olena Kostyshyna is a Senior Analyst in the Canadian Economic Analysis (CEA) Department. Her research interests include learning in macroeconomics, agent-based computational economics, and experimental economics. Prior to joining the Bank, Olena held academic position at the Portland State University in the USA. She holds a Ph.D. in Economics from Simon Fraser University.
Staff Analytical Notes
Staff Working Papers
- "Are Sunspots Learnable? An Experimental Investigation in a Simple Macroeconomic Model"
(with J. Arifovic and G. Evans). Forthcoming. Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control
- “Downward Nominal Wage Rigidity in Canada: Evidence from Micro-level Data”
(with D. Brouillette and N. Kyui). 2018. Canadian Journal of Economics. 51(3), pages 968-1002
- "Social Learning and Monetary Policy Rules"
(with J. Arifovic and J. Bullard). 2012. Economic Journal, 123(567), pages 38-76.
- "Application of Adaptive Step-Size Algorithm in a Model with Hyperinflations". 2012. Macroeconomic Dynamics, 16(S3): 355-375.
- "Learning Benevolent Leadership in a Heterogenous Agents Economy"
(with Arifovic, H. Dawid and Ch. Deissenberg). 2010. Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, 34(9): 1768-1790.