We are Canada's central bank. We work to preserve the value of money by keeping inflation low and stable.
October 19, 2020 With many containment measures related to the COVID-19 pandemic being lifted, results from the autumn Business Outlook Survey suggest that business sentiment has improved but remains weak across all regions. Businesses expect the pace of the recovery in their sales to slow.
October 19, 2020 The Canadian Survey of Consumer Expectations (CSCE) collects respondents’ views on inflation, the labour market and household finances. The survey for the third quarter of 2020 was conducted from August 17 to September 1, 2020. Reported COVID‑19 cases have risen in some provinces since the survey was conducted. The survey included questions, introduced in the previous quarter, on the impacts of COVID‑19 and the measures to contain its spread, along with new questions on how the pandemic is affecting households’ savings.
October 9, 2020
Central banks and BIS publish first central bank digital currency (CBDC) report laying out key requirementsThis joint press release announces the publication of a report identifying the foundational principles necessary for any publicly available central bank digital currencies to help central banks meet their public policy objectives.
October 8, 2020 Governor Tiff Macklem discusses financial risks from the COVID-19 pandemic that are affecting our economy and that could shape how well it recovers. He also talks about financial risks from climate change.
October 7, 2020 The payoffs of higher education
- October 19, 2020 CARR’s mandate expanded to include analysis of CDOR
- October 19, 2020 The Bank of Canada launches the CORRA Advisory Group
- October 19, 2020 Operational details for upcoming secondary market purchases of Government of Canada securities (October 26-November 6)
- October 15, 2020 Bank of Canada announces changes to programs that support key financial markets
- October 6, 2020 Corporate Bond Purchase Program expanded to buy-side participants
- October 28, 2020 Interest Rate Announcement & Monetary Policy Report
- October 28, 2020 Press Conference: Monetary Policy Report
- November 6, 2020 The John Kuszczak Memorial Lecture
- November 11, 2020 Remembrance Day
- November 12, 2020 Speech: Carolyn A. Wilkins, Senior Deputy Governor