We are Canada's central bank. We work to preserve the value of money by keeping inflation low and stable.
April 22, 2021 The Annual Report outlines the Bank’s activities and achievements in 2020. It includes the financial statements and a message from Governor Tiff Macklem.
April 21, 2021 The Bank of Canada expects all media organizations to respect the embargo conditions for its key publications.
April 21, 2021 Governor Tiff Macklem discusses key issues involved in the Governing Council’s deliberations about the policy rate decision and the MPR.
April 21, 2021
Bank of Canada will hold current level of policy rate until inflation objective is sustainably achieved, adjusts quantitative easing programThe Bank of Canada today held its target for the overnight rate at the effective lower bound of ¼ percent, with the Bank Rate at ½ percent and the deposit rate at ¼ percent.
April 21, 2021 As the economy recovers from the COVID-19 pandemic, the Bank is forecasting growth of around 6 ½ percent this year, slowing to about 3 ¾ percent in 2022 and 3 ¼ percent in 2023.
- April 19, 2021 Operational details for upcoming secondary market purchases of Government of Canada securities (April 26-May 7)
- April 6, 2021 Bank of Canada to begin publishing CORRA Compounded Index
- April 5, 2021 Operational details for upcoming secondary market purchases of Government of Canada securities (April 12-23)
- March 23, 2021 Bank of Canada announces the discontinuation of market functioning programs introduced during COVID-19
- March 22, 2021 Operational details for upcoming secondary market purchases of Government of Canada securities (March 29-April 9)