We are Canada's central bank. We work to preserve the value of money by keeping inflation low and stable.
July 21, 2021 The Board of Directors of the Bank of Canada today announced the appointment of Sharon Kozicki as Deputy Governor, effective August 2, 2021.
July 14, 2021 Governor Tiff Macklem discusses key issues involved in the Governing Council’s deliberations about the policy rate decision and the MPR.
July 14, 2021 The Bank of Canada today held its target for the overnight rate at the effective lower bound of ¼ percent, with the Bank Rate at ½ percent and the deposit rate at ¼ percent.
July 14, 2021 As the economy reopens after the third wave of COVID-19, growth should rebound strongly. The Bank is forecasting growth of about 6 percent this year, slowing to about 4 ½ percent in 2022 and 3 ¼ percent in 2023.
July 12, 2021 The Board of Directors of the Bank of Canada today announced that Carolyn Rogers has been appointed Senior Deputy Governor for a term of seven years beginning December 15, 2021.
- July 20, 2021 Bank of Canada announces changes to its Standing Liquidity Facility Collateral Policy
- July 12, 2021 Operational details for upcoming secondary market purchases of Government of Canada securities (July 19-30)
- July 6, 2021 CARR publishes results of consultation, recommended CDOR FRN fallback language
- June 29, 2021 Bank of Canada publishes transaction-level data for its discontinued asset purchase programs
- June 28, 2021 Operational details for upcoming secondary market purchases of Government of Canada securities (July 5-16)