We are Canada's central bank. We work to preserve the value of money by keeping inflation low and stable.
September 28, 2022 The Bank of Canada today welcomed the publication by the International Monetary Fund (IMF) of its final report summarizing its pilot review of the Bank’s transparency practices.
September 20, 2022 Deputy Governor Paul Beaudry describes how the lessons learned from previous economic crises helped central bankers during the global COVID-19 pandemic. He also talks about how managing inflation expectations can help bring inflation back to target.
September 8, 2022 Speaking a day after the Bank of Canada raised interest rates, Senior Deputy Governor Carolyn Rogers discusses where the economy stands and what the Bank is doing to get inflation back under control.
September 7, 2022 The Bank of Canada today increased its target for the overnight rate to 3¼%, with the Bank Rate at 3½% and the deposit rate at 3¼%.
September 1, 2022 The Bank of Canada is inviting Canadian universities to nominate exceptional academics for its 2023 Fellowship and Governor’s awards.
- September 15, 2022 Debt Management Strategy Consultations – 2023-24
- September 13, 2022 Bank of Canada to delay bond auction in observance of federal Day of Mourning; will support key payment and settlement systems as well as financial markets
- August 3, 2022 CARR publishes recommended fallback language for CDOR-based loans
- July 29, 2022 CFEC Releases Results of April 2022 Foreign Exchange Volume Survey
- June 14, 2022 CARR extends Term CORRA consultation deadline to 30 June
- October 6, 2022 Speech: Tiff Macklem, Governor
- October 10, 2022 Thanksgiving Day
- October 17, 2022 Release: Business Outlook Survey and Canadian Survey of Consumer Expectations
- October 17, 2022 Panel: Carolyn Rogers, Senior Deputy Governor
- October 26, 2022 Interest Rate Announcement and Monetary Policy Report