We are Canada's central bank. We work to preserve the value of money by keeping inflation low and stable.
November 29, 2023
November 28, 2023 Executive Director of Supervision Ron Morrow discusses the creation and coming into force of a new supervision regime to oversee retail payments.
November 27, 2023 The Bank of Canada has announced the five finalist teams in the 2023–24 edition of The Governor’s Challenge, a competition where university students simulate the role of advisor to the Bank’s Governing Council.
November 22, 2023 Governor Tiff Macklem outlines how high inflation is hurting Canadians and how monetary policy is working to bring it down. He also explains why the Bank of Canada must stay the course in its inflation fight.
November 9, 2023 Senior Deputy Governor Carolyn Rogers talks about why interest rates could settle at a higher level than Canadians are used to and why preparing early for that possible outcome is important.
- November 30, 2023 CARR amends recommended fallback for CDOR NHA MBS, and publishes a guide for Canadian companies transitioning from CDOR
- November 16, 2023 CARR publishes recommended conventions for Term CORRA swaps
- October 26, 2023 Bank of Canada announces changes to Overnight Reverse Repo operations
- October 16, 2023 CFIF recommends path for winding down BA market
- September 13, 2023 CFIF publishes an update on the transition away from BAs