We are Canada's central bank. We work to preserve the value of money by keeping inflation low and stable.
July 26, 2022 The Bank of Canada today published its 2023 schedule for the release of its policy interest rate decisions and quarterly Monetary Policy Report.
July 13, 2022 Governor Tiff Macklem discusses key issues involved in the Governing Council’s deliberations about the policy rate decision and the MPR.
July 13, 2022
Bank of Canada increases policy interest rate by 100 basis points, continues quantitative tighteningThe Bank of Canada today increased its target for the overnight rate to 2½%, with the Bank Rate at 2¾% and the deposit rate at 2½%.
July 13, 2022 The Canadian economy is now clearly in excess demand, and inflation is high and broadening. The Bank is projecting inflation to decline to about 3% by the end of 2023, and to return to the 2% target by the end of 2024.
July 4, 2022 Differences in income, wealth and debt across households are important—for the economy, for the health of the financial system and for monetary policy.
- August 3, 2022 CARR publishes recommended fallback language for CDOR-based loans
- July 29, 2022 CFEC Releases Results of April 2022 Foreign Exchange Volume Survey
- June 14, 2022 CARR extends Term CORRA consultation deadline to 30 June
- June 9, 2022 Government of Canada Cancels Ultra-Long Bond Issuance
- May 16, 2022 CARR welcomes RBSL’s decision to cease the publication of CDOR after June 28, 2024