Romanos Priftis is a Principal Researcher in the Canadian Economic Analysis (CEA) Department. His research interests include macroeconomics, monetary economics, fiscal policy, and DSGE modeling. Prior to joining the Bank in 2017, Romanos held a position in the Modeling Unit of DG ECFIN at the European Commission. He received his Ph.D. in Economics from the European University Institute in 2015.
Staff discussion papers
Staff working papers
The Distributional Effects of Conventional Monetary Policy and Quantitative Easing: Evidence from an Estimated DSGE ModelThis paper compares the distributional effects of conventional monetary policy and quantitative easing (QE) within an estimated open-economy DSGE model of the euro area.
The Macroeconomic Effects of Quantitative Easing in the Euro Area: Evidence from an Estimated DSGE ModelThis paper estimates an open-economy dynamic stochastic general equilibrium model with Bayesian techniques to analyse the macroeconomic effects of the European Central Bank’s (ECB’s) quantitative easing (QE) programme. Using data on government debt stocks and yields across maturities, we identify the parameter governing portfolio adjustment in the private sector.
- “Sources of Borrowing and Fiscal Multipliers” (2020) with Srecko Zimic, Economic Journal, forthcoming
- “The Macroeconomic Effects of Quantitative Easing in the Euro Area: Evidence from an Estimated DSGE Model” (2019), with Stefan Hohberger and Lukas Vogel, Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Vol. 108, November 2019
- “The Distributional Effects of Conventional and Unconventional Monetary Policy: Evidence from an Estimated DSGE Model” (2020) with Stefan Hohberger and Lukas Vogel, Journal of Banking and Finance, Vol. 113, April 2020
- “Growth Effects of Corporate Balance Sheet Adjustments” (2019) with Anastasia Theofilakou, Empirical Economics, September 2019
- “Optimal Debt Management in a Liquidity Trap” (2018) with Hafedh Bouakez and Rigas Oikonomou, Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Vol. 93, pages 5—21
- “The Macroeconomic Effects of the ECB's Evolving QE programe: A Model-Based Analysis” (2017) with Lukas Vogel, Open Economies Review, Vol. 28, Issue 5, pages 823--845.
- “The Portfolio Balance Mechanism and QE in the Euro Area” (2016)
(with Lukas Vogel), The Manchester School, Vol. 84, Issue S1, pages 84-105, Special Issue: Money, Macroeconomics and Finance Research Group.