Anneke Kosse is a Principal Researcher in the Financial Stability Department of the Bank of Canada. Her work focuses on behavior, liquidity usage and risks in payment systems. Prior to this position, Anneke worked as a Senior Policy Advisor and Researcher at the Market Infrastructures Policy department of the Nederlandsche Bank (Dutch Central Bank), and as a Principal Researcher at the Currency Department of the Bank of Canada. Anneke received her Ph.D in Business and Economics from Tilburg University. Her Ph.D thesis focused on “Digitalization of Retail Payments”.
Staff Discussion Papers
Staff Working Papers
The Interplay of Financial Education, Financial Literacy, Financial Inclusion and Financial Stability: Any Lessons for the Current Big Tech Era?The objective of this paper is twofold. First, we assess whether financial education might be a suitable tool to promote the financial inclusion opportunities that big techs provide. Second, we study how this potential financial inclusion could impact financial stability.
Bank of Canada Review articles
- Kosse, A., and P. Hielkema (2018), Innovative yet robust supervision in a rapidly changing payments landscape, Journal of Digital Banking, Vol. 3, 3, 232-241.
- Hernandez, L., N. Jonker and A. Kosse (2017), Cash versus debit card: the role of budget control, Journal of Consumer Affairs 51(1), 91-112.
- John Bagnall, David Bounie, Kim P. Huynh, Anneke Kosse, Tobias Schmidt, Scott Schuh and Helmut Stix (2016), Consumer cash usage: A cross-country comparison with payment diary survey data, International Journal of Central Banking 12(4), 1-61.
- Kosse, A. and R. Vermeulen (2014), Migrants' choice of remittance channel: Do general payment habits play a role? World Development 62, 213-227.
- Kosse, Anneke (2013), The safety of cash and debit cards: A study on the perception and behaviour of Dutch consumers, International Journal of Central Banking 9(4), 77-98.
- Kosse, Anneke (2013), Do newspaper articles on card fraud affect debit card usage? Journal of Banking and Finance 37(12), 5382-5391.
- Jonker, Nicole and Anneke Kosse (2013), Estimating cash usage: The impact of survey design on research outcomes, De Economist 161(1), 19-44.
- Kosse, Anneke and David-Jan Jansen (2013), Choosing how to pay: The influence of foreign backgrounds, Journal of Banking & Finance 37(3), 989-998.
- Kosse, A. (2014), Consumer Payment Choices: Room for further digitisation? PhD Thesis, Tilburg University.
- Jonker, N, A. Kosse and L. Hernández (2012), Cash usage in the Netherlands: How much, where, when, who and whenever one wants? DNB Occasional Studies 10(2).
- Jonker, N. and A. Kosse (2008), Towards a European payments market: survey results on cross-border payment behaviour of Dutch consumers, DNB Occasional Studies 6(1).