Zhentong Lu is a Senior Economist in the Payment System Oversight Division of the Financial Stability Department (FSD). Before joining the Bank, he was an Assistant Professor in the Shanghai University of Finance and Economics. His main research areas are empirical industrial organization, applied econometrics and payment economics.
Staff working papers
- “Estimating Multinomial Choice Models with Unobserved Choice Sets,” accepted by Journal of Econometrics.
- “The Effects of Government Licensing on E-Commerce: Evidence from Alibaba” (with Ginger Zhe Jin, Xiaolu Zhou, Chunxiao Li), accepted by Journal of Law and Economics.
- “Not too much nor too little: Salience bias in mobile plan choices” (with Haofeng Jin, Liqiang Huang and Junsheng Dou), Telecommunications Policy, May 2021.
- The previous SWP paper “Examining the Impact of Home Purchase Restrictions on China’s Housing Market” is published at China Economic Review.
- The previous SWP paper “Predicting Payment Migration in Canada” is published at Journal of Financial Market Infrastructures.