We are Canada's central bank. We work to preserve the value of money by keeping inflation low and stable.
March 29, 2023
March 22, 2023
Summary of Governing Council deliberations: Fixed announcement date of March 8, 2023This is an account of the deliberations of the Bank of Canada’s Governing Council leading to the monetary policy decision on March 8, 2023.
March 20, 2023
Bank of Canada announces the recipients of the 2023 Fellowship Program AwardsLearn about the recipients of the Fellowship and Governor’s Awards for 2023.
March 19, 2023
Coordinated Central Bank Action to Enhance the Provision of U.S. Dollar LiquidityThe Bank of Canada, the Bank of England, the Bank of Japan, the European Central Bank, the Federal Reserve, and the Swiss National Bank are today announcing a coordinated action to enhance the provision of liquidity via the standing U.S. dollar liquidity swap line arrangements.
March 13, 2023
Law Enforcement Award of Excellence for Counterfeit DeterrenceThe call for nominations is open until April 21, 2023.
#LawEnforcement partners: Do you know a superstar in #counterfeit prevention?— Bank of Canada (@bankofcanada) March 22, 2023
Nominate them for our 2023 Law Enforcement Award https://t.co/F5wh7X7IrD #banknotes
<![if (!IE)|(gte IE 9)]><![endif]>
- March 28, 2023 CARR publishes impact assessment checklist for market participants with CDOR exposure
- February 7, 2023 CFEC Releases Results of October 2022 Foreign Exchange Volume Survey
- January 27, 2023 Bank of Canada announces change to maximum bid rate for securities repo operations
- January 16, 2023 CFIF publishes White Paper on the impact of CDOR cessation on Bankers’ Acceptance market
- January 11, 2023 CARR announces development of a Term CORRA benchmark
- April 3, 2023 Release: Business Outlook Survey and Canadian Survey of Consumer Expectations
- April 7, 2023 Good Friday
- April 12, 2023 Interest Rate Announcement and Monetary Policy Report
- April 12, 2023 Press Conference: Monetary Policy Report
- April 26, 2023 Publication: Summary of Deliberations