We are Canada's central bank. We work to preserve the value of money by keeping inflation low and stable.
June 8, 2023
June 7, 2023
Bank of Canada raises policy rate 25 basis points, continues quantitative tighteningThe Bank of Canada today increased its target for the overnight rate to 4¾%, with the Bank Rate at 5% and the deposit rate at 4¾%.
May 25, 2023
New exhibition Money in 10 Questions: Kids Edition opens at the Bank of Canada Museum
The Bank of Canada Museum is inviting children to visit a new exhibition that is inspired by questions they have about money. Money in 10 Questions: Kids Edition is a play-based experience that helps children understand money and how to handle it. The exhibit opens to the public on May 25 and includes special activities for families.
May 23, 2023
Bank of Canada Museum announces 2023 recipients of Award for Excellence in Teaching EconomicsThe Bank of Canada Museum is honouring two outstanding educators for their exceptional work in teaching students about the economy.
May 18, 2023
Release of the Financial System ReviewPress conference following the release of the Financial System Review.
Hey Canada, we need your input!— Bank of Canada (@bankofcanada) May 8, 2023
Our public consultation on a potential #DigitalCanadianDollar is now LIVE. #HaveYourSay by June 19: https://t.co/p8BdG3tQ9h pic.twitter.com/vKRoBfAngu
<![if (!IE)|(gte IE 9)]><![endif]>
- June 9, 2023 CDOR Transition – Implications for transactions as stage 1 ends and stage 2 begins
- May 25, 2023 CFIF welcomes the launch of the new Canadian Collateral Management Service
- April 25, 2023 Canadian derivatives market hits milestone in transition from CDOR to CORRA
- March 31, 2023 Release of the 2022 Bank of Canada FMI Oversight Activities Annual Report
- March 28, 2023 CARR publishes impact assessment checklist for market participants with CDOR exposure
- June 21, 2023 Publication: Summary of Deliberations
- June 26, 2023 Provincial Holiday
- June 27, 2023 Panel: Sharon Kozicki, Deputy Governor
- June 30, 2023 Release: Business Outlook Survey and Canadian Survey of Consumer Expectations
- July 3, 2023 Canada Day