We are Canada's central bank. We work to preserve the value of money by keeping inflation low and stable.
March 31, 2021 Over the past two years, we spoke with thousands of Canadians about their views on the economy, inflation and what the Bank does. Here’s what they told us.
March 23, 2021 Deputy Governor Toni Gravelle talks about actions the Bank of Canada took to make sure financial markets could work smoothly during the COVID-19 pandemic. He also discusses the Bank’s plans to discontinue some programs.
March 15, 2021 Learn about the recipients of the Fellowship and Governor’s Awards for 2021.
March 11, 2021 Deputy Governor Lawrence Schembri talks about how COVID-19 has affected household saving and spending patterns and discusses the Bank’s decision yesterday to leave the policy rate unchanged.
March 10, 2021
Bank of Canada will hold current level of policy rate until inflation objective is sustainably achieved, continues quantitative easingThe Bank of Canada today held its target for the overnight rate at the effective lower bound of ¼ percent, with the Bank Rate at ½ percent and the deposit rate at ¼ percent. The Bank is maintaining its extraordinary forward guidance, reinforced and supplemented by its quantitative easing (QE) program, which continues at its current pace of at least $4 billion per week.
- April 6, 2021 Bank of Canada to begin publishing CORRA Compounded Index
- April 5, 2021 Operational details for upcoming secondary market purchases of Government of Canada securities (April 12-23)
- March 23, 2021 Bank of Canada announces the discontinuation of market functioning programs introduced during COVID-19
- March 22, 2021 Operational details for upcoming secondary market purchases of Government of Canada securities (March 29-April 9)
- March 12, 2021 Bank of Canada announces changes to securities repo operations
- April 12, 2021 Release: Business Outlook Survey & Canadian Survey of Consumer Expectations
- April 21, 2021 Interest Rate Announcement & Monetary Policy Report
- April 21, 2021 Press Conference: Monetary Policy Report
- May 14, 2021 Release: Senior Loan Officer Survey
- May 20, 2021 Press Conference: Financial System Review