We are Canada's central bank. We work to preserve the value of money by keeping inflation low and stable.
July 29, 2021
July 28, 2021 The Bank of Canada today announced the appointment of Ron Morrow as Executive Director – Retail Payments Supervision, effective August 9, 2021.
July 21, 2021 The Board of Directors of the Bank of Canada today announced the appointment of Sharon Kozicki as Deputy Governor, effective August 2, 2021.
July 14, 2021 Governor Tiff Macklem discusses key issues involved in the Governing Council’s deliberations about the policy rate decision and the MPR.
July 14, 2021 The Bank of Canada today held its target for the overnight rate at the effective lower bound of ¼ percent, with the Bank Rate at ½ percent and the deposit rate at ¼ percent.
- July 27, 2021 CFEC Releases Results of April 2021 Foreign Exchange Volume Survey
- July 26, 2021 Operational details for upcoming secondary market purchases of Government of Canada securities (August 3-13)
- July 20, 2021 Bank of Canada announces changes to its Standing Liquidity Facility Collateral Policy
- July 12, 2021 Operational details for upcoming secondary market purchases of Government of Canada securities (July 19-30)
- July 6, 2021 CARR publishes results of consultation, recommended CDOR FRN fallback language