We are Canada's central bank. We work to preserve the value of money by keeping inflation low and stable.
October 7, 2021 Governor Tiff Macklem makes the case for greater cooperation to shape a stronger international monetary and financial system.
September 9, 2021 Governor Tiff Macklem talks about the Bank of Canada’s decision yesterday to leave the policy rate unchanged. He also talks about how the Bank could adjust monetary policy once the economy needs less support.
September 8, 2021
Bank of Canada maintains policy rate, continues forward guidance and current pace of quantitative easingThe Bank of Canada today held its target for the overnight rate at the effective lower bound of ¼ percent, with the Bank Rate at ½ percent and the deposit rate at ¼ percent.
September 1, 2021 Bank of Canada Governor Tiff Macklem has designated Lynx, which is owned and operated by Payments Canada, as a systemically important payment system under the Payment Clearing and Settlement Act.
September 1, 2021 The Bank of Canada is inviting Canadian universities to nominate exceptional academics for its 2022 Fellowship and Governor’s awards.
- October 4, 2021 Operational details for upcoming secondary market purchases of Government of Canada securities (October 11–22)
- September 28, 2021 Debt Management Strategy Consultations – 2022-23
- September 22, 2021 Advance provision of benchmark details for Government of Canada bond auctions
- September 20, 2021 Operational details for upcoming secondary market purchases of Government of Canada securities (September 27–October 8)
- September 3, 2021 Operational details for upcoming secondary market purchases of Government of Canada securities (September 13–24)
- October 18, 2021 Release: Business Outlook Survey & Canadian Survey of Consumer Expectations
- October 18, 2021 Panel: Timothy Lane, Deputy Governor
- October 27, 2021 Interest Rate Announcement & Monetary Policy Report
- October 27, 2021 Press Conference: Monetary Policy Report
- November 11, 2021 Remembrance Day