We are Canada's central bank. We work to preserve the value of money by keeping inflation low and stable.
May 12, 2022 Deputy Governor Toni Gravelle talks about the spike in commodity prices over the past two years, the impact on inflation and how the Bank of Canada is responding.
May 5, 2022 In his final speech before retiring from the Bank of Canada, Deputy Governor Lawrence Schembri talks about the Bank’s contribution to advancing economic inclusion and opportunity for Indigenous peoples.
May 3, 2022 In her first speech with the Bank of Canada, Senior Deputy Governor Carolyn Rogers talks about how independence and accountability help the Bank build and maintain trust.
April 29, 2022 The Bank of Canada Museum will reopen on May 12, 2022, after being closed for the past two years due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- May 16, 2022 CARR welcomes RBSL’s decision to cease the publication of CDOR after June 28, 2024
- May 11, 2022 Release of the 2021 Bank of Canada FMI Oversight Activities Annual Report
- April 22, 2022 Bank of Canada announces increases to the limit for Securities Repo and Overnight Reverse Repo operations
- April 13, 2022 Bank of Canada provides operational details for quantitative tightening and announces that it will continue to implement monetary policy using a floor system
- April 4, 2022 Operational details for upcoming secondary market purchases of Government of Canada securities (April 11-22)