We are Canada's central bank. We work to preserve the value of money by keeping inflation low and stable.
April 12, 2021 Results from the spring Business Outlook Survey suggest that business sentiment continues to improve. Firms reported less uncertainty related to the COVID-19 pandemic and strengthening demand from weak levels. Still, the recovery remains uneven, with firms tied to high-contact services facing ongoing challenges.
April 12, 2021 The Canadian Survey of Consumer Expectations (CSCE) collects respondents’ views on inflation, the labour market and household finances. The survey for the first quarter of 2021 was conducted from February 15 to March 4, 2021. This period coincides with news of temporary delays in COVID-19 vaccinations in Canada and growing risks from new variants of the virus. The survey was completed before the most recent wave of infections and lockdowns in the largest provinces. Like the previous three surveys, the 2021 first-quarter survey included questions on the impacts of the pandemic and the measures to contain its spread. This survey also asked respondents about their expected economic and social activities once the majority of Canadians have received their COVID-19 vaccine. Similar to the report for the fourth quarter of 2020, this report also provides some details by demographic characteristics.
March 31, 2021 Over the past two years, we spoke with thousands of Canadians about their views on the economy, inflation and what the Bank does. Here’s what they told us.
March 23, 2021 Deputy Governor Toni Gravelle talks about actions the Bank of Canada took to make sure financial markets could work smoothly during the COVID-19 pandemic. He also discusses the Bank’s plans to discontinue some programs.
March 15, 2021 Learn about the recipients of the Fellowship and Governor’s Awards for 2021.
- April 6, 2021 Bank of Canada to begin publishing CORRA Compounded Index
- April 5, 2021 Operational details for upcoming secondary market purchases of Government of Canada securities (April 12-23)
- March 23, 2021 Bank of Canada announces the discontinuation of market functioning programs introduced during COVID-19
- March 22, 2021 Operational details for upcoming secondary market purchases of Government of Canada securities (March 29-April 9)
- March 12, 2021 Bank of Canada announces changes to securities repo operations