We are Canada's central bank. We work to preserve the value of money by keeping inflation low and stable.
September 20, 2023 This is an account of the deliberations of the Bank of Canada’s Governing Council leading to the monetary policy decision on September 6, 2023.
September 19, 2023 Deputy Governor Sharon Kozicki talks about how differences in debt, income and savings across households shaped their experience through the COVID-19 pandemic and how this is affecting monetary policy now.
September 7, 2023 Speaking a day after we decided to maintain the policy interest rate at 5%, Governor Tiff Macklem explores some key factors behind the decision. He also explains why the 2% inflation target supports a stable economy and greater prosperity for households and businesses.
September 6, 2023 The Bank of Canada today held its target for the overnight rate at 5%, with the Bank Rate at 5¼% and the deposit rate at 5%. The Bank is also continuing its policy of quantitative tightening.
August 31, 2023 The Bank of Canada is inviting Canadian universities to nominate exceptional academics for its 2024 Fellowship and Governor’s awards.
- September 13, 2023 CFIF publishes an update on the transition away from BAs
- August 29, 2023 CARR finalizes the allowed uses for Term CORRA
- August 28, 2023 Debt Management Strategy Consultations – 2024-25
- August 10, 2023 Term CORRA to be launched on September 5, 2023
- August 2, 2023 CARR begins publishing CDOR transition related FAQs
- October 2, 2023 National Day for Truth and Reconciliation
- October 3, 2023 Speech: Nicolas Vincent, External Non-executive Deputy Governor
- October 9, 2023 Thanksgiving Day
- October 16, 2023 Release: Business Outlook Survey and Canadian Survey of Consumer Expectations
- October 25, 2023 Interest Rate Announcement and Monetary Policy Report