We are Canada's central bank. We work to preserve the value of money by keeping inflation low and stable.
December 7, 2023 Speaking a day after we decided to hold interest rates steady at 5%, Deputy Governor Toni Gravelle discusses immigration, inflation and the role that newcomers play in helping our economy grow.
December 6, 2023 The Bank of Canada today held its target for the overnight rate at 5%, with the Bank Rate at 5¼% and the deposit rate at 5%. The Bank is continuing its policy of quantitative tightening.
November 29, 2023
What we heard: Bank of Canada publishes report on digital dollar consultations, outlines further engagement plansThe Bank of Canada today published a report summarizing the feedback it has received to date about a potential digital Canadian dollar.
November 28, 2023 Executive Director of Supervision Ron Morrow discusses the creation and coming into force of a new supervision regime to oversee retail payments.
November 27, 2023 The Bank of Canada has announced the five finalist teams in the 2023–24 edition of The Governor’s Challenge, a competition where university students simulate the role of advisor to the Bank’s Governing Council.
- November 30, 2023 CARR amends recommended fallback for CDOR NHA MBS, and publishes a guide for Canadian companies transitioning from CDOR
- November 16, 2023 CARR publishes recommended conventions for Term CORRA swaps
- October 26, 2023 Bank of Canada announces changes to Overnight Reverse Repo operations
- October 16, 2023 CFIF recommends path for winding down BA market
- September 13, 2023 CFIF publishes an update on the transition away from BAs