Remarks by Tiff Macklem, Governor of the Bank of Canada
OTTAWA – On Monday, November 14, and Tuesday, November 15, 2022, the Bank of Canada will host the fourth annual Conference on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in Economics, Finance and Central Banking, a joint conference of the Bank of Canada, the Bank of England, the European Central Bank and the Federal Reserve Board.
The webcast will include participation by two Governing Council members:
- Tiff Macklem, Governor of the Bank of Canada, will give the opening remarks
- Sharon Kozicki, Deputy Governor of the Bank of Canada, will moderate the Policy Panel “Post-Covid Challenges for Women and Underrepresented Groups”
- Claudia Buch (Vice President, Deutsche Bundesbank)
- Lisa D. Cook (Governor, Federal Reserve Board of Governors)
- Soledad Nuñez (Member of the Executive Commission and General Board of the Bank of Spain)
- Victoria Saporta (Executive Director, Bank of England)
Governor Macklem will deliver his remarks on November 14 at 09:00 (Eastern Time).
The Deputy Governor’s panel will take place on November 15 from 09:00 to 10:30 (Eastern Time).
Bank of Canada, Ottawa, ON
There will be no media lock-up for these events.
The text of the Governor’s remarks will be available on the Bank’s website on November 14 at 08:45 (ET).
- Media Availability
There will be no media availability.
- Audience Q&A
There will be no audience Q&A period.
Audio and video webcasts of the conference will be available.
For more information, please contact .