The Fellowship Program is designed to encourage and foster excellence in research that relates to the Bank’s core functions.
The Fellowship Program offers two awards:
Annual research grants and expense allowances for a term of up to five years.
Annual research grants for a term of up to two years.
The purpose of the Program is to foster excellence in Canadian research related to the Bank’s responsibilities for monetary policy, the financial system, currency and funds management. It promotes collaboration and partnerships between Bank researchers and leading academics at Canadian post-secondary institutions. It also contributes to the education and development of Canada’s researchers in fields related to the Banks’s core functions.
Areas of Research
Potential research topics include, but are not limited to:
- macroeconomics, microeconomics and labour economics
- financial system regulation
- domestic and global financial systems
- financial markets and institutions
- international trade, growth and development
- behavioural disciplines related to asset pricing and economic decision-making
The nomination period for the 2018 Awards will be in the fall. More information will be provided at a later date.