Before contacting us, you should know how we can and can’t help you.
- For a list of federally regulated financial institutions, see the Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions website.
- For general information about banking services in Canada, see the Canadian Bankers Association website.
How We Can Help
No need to call us — you can do the following right here on our website:
- Find out if you have lost or forgotten funds in the form of unclaimed balances.
- Look up exchange rates and financial statistics.
- Access information, services and resource materials about Canadian bank notes.
- Learn about monetary policy.
- Locate educational materials, publications and research.
How We Can't Help
Here are other resources that may be able to help:
- We can’t resolve problems with your commercial bank. Refer instead to the Financial Consumer Agency of Canada website.
- We don’t set the rules and regulations for commercial banks and other financial institutions in Canada. These responsibilities lie with the Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions and the federal Department of Finance.
- We don’t issue Canadian coins, see the Royal Canadian Mint website.
- We don’t exchange foreign bank notes. Visit a foreign exchange bureau or a financial institution.
Please complete the following form.