We are Canada's central bank. We work to preserve the value of money by keeping inflation low and stable.
What is the consumer price index and how is it useful?— Bank of Canada (@bankofcanada) November 15, 2022
The CPI tells us how much consumers are paying for goods and services. Changes in the CPI tell us how fast prices are changing.
👇Keep reading to learn how we use the CPI to target inflation.#AskTheBoC #cdnecon
- November 18, 2022 The Government of Canada announces the issuance of a Ukraine Sovereignty Bond
- November 7, 2022 GMF publishes a consultation paper on a proposed fee for failing to settle GoC securities
- November 3, 2022 Summary of Comments – Fall 2022 Debt Management Strategy Consultations
- November 1, 2022 Government of Canada to Resume Cash Management Bond Buyback Program
- October 7, 2022 CARR agrees to begin process of developing Term CORRA benchmark