We are Canada's central bank. We work to preserve the value of money by keeping inflation low and stable.
November 24, 2020 The Bank of Canada has announced the five finalist teams in the 2020-21 edition of The Governor’s Challenge, a competition where university students simulate the role of advisor to the Bank’s Governing Council.
November 23, 2020 Deputy Governor Toni Gravelle discusses how the Bank of Canada is carefully monitoring our financial system as the economy recovers from the COVID‑19 pandemic.
November 19, 2020 In accordance with amendments to the Bank of Canada Act and the Currency Act approved by Parliament in 2018, the federal government will remove legal tender status from some older bank notes as of January 1, 2021.
November 17, 2020 Governor Tiff Macklem speaks by videoconference at the Public Policy Forum’s Sustainable Finance 2 Roundtable
- November 24, 2020 Canadian Alternative Reference Rate Working Group Launches Consultation
- November 16, 2020 Operational details for upcoming secondary market purchases of Government of Canada securities (November 23 - December 4)
- November 9, 2020 Return to the Government of Canada Treasury Bill Standard Terms for Auctions
- November 9, 2020 Bank of Canada announces amendments to targeted facilities and programs that support liquidity and short-term funding markets
- November 3, 2020 Changes to the Frequency of Government of Canada Treasury Bills auctions