We are Canada's central bank. We work to preserve the value of money by keeping inflation low and stable.
February 26, 2021 The call for nominations is open until April 30, 2021.
February 25, 2021 The Bank of Canada has long recognized that the inclusion of diverse identities and ideas fosters innovative thinking that results in better policy outcomes for Canadians. It’s also the right thing to do. With today’s publication of its Diversity and Inclusion Strategy, the Bank is reinforcing its commitments to reduce any barriers to employment and support employees, while embedding diversity and inclusion into every aspect of its work.
February 23, 2021 Governor Tiff Macklem discusses how the economy and jobs could be different after the COVID-19 pandemic and what we can do to ensure that everyone benefits as the labour market recovers.
February 17, 2021 The Bank of Canada is pleased to announce this year’s recipients of its scholarship awards for students with disabilities, Indigenous students and students who identify as a woman or as a member of a visible minority or racialized group, or person of colour.
February 16, 2021 The University of Alberta has won the Bank of Canada’s sixth annual Governor’s Challenge, a national student competition in which teams simulate the role of advisor to the Bank’s Governing Council.
- February 22, 2021 Operational details for upcoming secondary market purchases of Government of Canada securities (March 1-12)
- February 9, 2021 CARR welcomes issuance of first compounded in arrears CORRA floating rate note
- February 8, 2021 Operational details for upcoming secondary market purchases of Government of Canada securities (February 15-26)
- January 26, 2021 CFEC Releases Results of October 2020 Foreign Exchange Volume Survey
- January 25, 2021 Operational details for upcoming secondary market purchases of Government of Canada securities (February 1-12)