The Bank of Canada and the University of Toronto’s Economics Department are pleased to present this workshop on The Return of High Inflation: Challenges for Monetary Policy held in-person in Ottawa on April 27 and 28, 2023.
This event’s objective is to bring together academic researchers and policymakers to present and discuss cutting-edge research on various aspects related to inflation.
Call for papers and abstracts
We welcome submissions of papers and extended abstracts addressing the following topics:
- inflation measurement
- inflation dynamics
- inflation forecasting
- inflation expectations of firms and households
- supply shocks and inflation
- monetary and fiscal policy in periods of high inflation
- international linkages
- inflation spillovers
Submissions on other related topics are also encouraged.
Submit a PDF copy of your paper or extended abstract by January 31, 2023.
Submissions from members of under-represented groups in the economics profession are encouraged.
Travel and expenses
This workshop is planned as an in-person event. The organisers will reimburse reasonable travel and accommodation expenses for presenters and discussants. Participants from central banks and other official institutions are expected to cover their own expenses.
Should travel restrictions occur, we will allow speakers to participate virtually if needed.
Martin Eichenbaum (Northwestern University) will be our keynote speaker. Other confirmed speakers are:
- Christiane Baumeister (Notre Dame University)
- Alberto Cavallo (Harvard Business School)
- Olivier Coibion (University of Texas)
- Refet Gürkaynak (Bilkent University)
- Michelle Alexopoulos (University of Toronto)
- Michael Ehrmann (European Central Bank)
- Rodrigo Sekkel (Bank of Canada)
- Nathanael Vellekoop (University of Toronto)