Fellowship Award - Financial Details
The award consists of up to $90,000 per year and is distributed as follows:
- a research grant of $50,000 paid to the recipient through the university. This amount is provided to the university by the Bank of Canada as a lump sum.
- an annual research expense allowance of up to $40,000, for expenses submitted to and approved by the recipient’s university, including those for:
- the acquisition, maintenance and operation of research equipment
- the acquisition of data
- travel to scholarly conferences to present research
- workshops held relating to research
- computing, publication, material and supplies
- research assistants
Fellowship Award funds are administered by the university. The Bank will pay the university an annual amount of $5,000 to defray its administrative costs.