Why Monetary Policy Matters: A Canadian Perspective
by Christopher Ragan
- The Economy and Economic Policy
- 1.1 What is monetary policy?
- 1.2 Why focus on inflation?
- Canada's Inflation Performance, and Why It Matters
- 2.1 Inflation and uncertainty
- 2.2 Why inflation uncertainty matters
- Stability in Canada's Output, and Why It Matters
- 3.1 Has Canadian output growth become more stable?
- 3.2 Why stable output growth is desirable
- 3.3 Good policy or just good luck?
- Monetary Policy: How It Works, and What It Takes
- 4.1 The transmission mechanism of monetary policy
- 4.2 Time and uncertainty
- 4.3 Monetary policy faces two types of uncertainty
- 4.4 Good information, and plenty of it
- Final Remarks
You can download this complete publication.