Fellowship Award description
The Fellowship Award provides financial support to academics who are widely recognized for their expertise and excellence in areas important to the Bank's mandate (macroeconomics, monetary economics, international finance, financial markets and institutions, financial stability and regulation, labour economics, and economic growth), and who are undertaking leading-edge research that contributes to the development of knowledge and research capabilities in those areas.
The award consists of:
- a research grant of $50,000 per year per recipient
- a Research Expense Allowance of up to $40,000 per year per recipient for related research expenses and for research assistants.
The award is for a five-year term, subject to an annual review and confirmation process. Recipients of this award may apply for a second five-year term.
Fellowship Award recipients are required to:
- be Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada or be otherwise legally permitted to work in Canada
- conduct and support research in Canada
- have obtained a PhD
- be employed by a Canadian university in a tenure or tenure-track position during the term of the Fellowship Award
Nominations and applications must be submitted by 15 November 2013.
For more information, consult Application Details.