Call for Nominations - 2017 Bank of Canada Law Enforcement Award of Excellence for Counterfeit Deterrence
The Bank of Canada, in collaboration with the Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police (CACP), has established an award of excellence for bank note counterfeiting deterrence. This award recognizes the efforts of individuals in the field of counterfeit enforcement, crime prevention, and education.
The 2017 award will be presented at the CACP annual conference in Montreal, Quebec this summer. The deadline for nominations is 30 April 2017.
The award recognizes excellence in the delivery of various programs and activities aimed at counterfeiting deterrence, and thereby contributing to public confidence in Canada’s currency.
- The nominated action or event must have taken place in Canada within two years preceding the date of nomination.
- The nomination must be submitted by a police officer or other employee of an accredited police service in Canada. However, it need not recognize a police officer or an employee of a police service. For example, the award could be given to an employee of a college or university.
- The subject matter of the nomination must have a link to bank notes.
- The nomination must demonstrate excellence in one of the following areas:
- developing or delivering a training or education program at a police academy, college or university relative to bank note counterfeiting; or
- conducting forensic analysis or evaluation of counterfeit bank notes; or
- investigating a significant bank note counterfeiting operation.
How do I nominate an individual(s)?
In one or two pages, clearly identify the action or event for which the nominee(s) is/are being recognized, when and where it took place, and why the individual(s) is/are deserving of this award.
Who selects the winner(s)?
A five-person panel, consisting of two serving or retired Canadian police officers and three Bank of Canada officials, will review all nominations and select the winner(s).
The winner(s) will be honoured at an awards ceremony by a senior official of the Bank of Canada. The winner(s) and their guest will be provided travel and expenses to the 2017 CACP annual conference in Montreal.
Deadline for nominations
Nominations must be received by 30 April 2017 by email to the attention of:
External Stakeholder Management
Bank of Canada
Telephone: 613 782-7546