Bank of Canada Interest Rate Announcement
OTTAWA – On Tuesday, 1 March 2011, the Bank of Canada will announce its decision on the target for the overnight rate. A press release will provide a brief explanation of the decision.
- 9:00 (Eastern Time)
- At 8:00 (ET), journalists are invited to review the press release, under embargo at the Bank's head office in Ottawa. The embargo will be lifted at 9:00 (ET). (Please use the East Tower entrance at 245 Sparks Street and have your press card with you.)
For security reasons, those wishing to attend the lock-up must confirm by calling Jeremy Harrison at 613 782-8782 before noon on Monday, 28 February.
- Media Briefing Session
- There will be no briefing session for this event.
- The press release will be available:
- at 9:00 (ET) on the Bank's website
- between 9:00 and 10:00 (ET) on CNW Group
- Press Conference
- There is no press conference for this event.
- There is no webcast for this event.
- For more information, please contact Jeremy Harrison at 613 782-8782 or firstname.lastname@example.org.